Woman develops cheaper alternative to Botox
Botox can costs hundreds of dollars, so a mother developed a much cheaper alternative that some are calling Spanx for the face.
Creator Kim Aschauer created the $25 "facelift bungee" after she couldn't afford plastic surgery for her son's wedding.
Inside the little jar are two combs and a bungee cord.
Women make two braids and then attach the cord around their head, pulling their skin tighter.
Loyal customers say it takes less than a minute to attach and take off, and it takes 10 years off their face. The possible downside is a ponytail headache.
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 32 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show 49 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos