Woman develops cheaper alternative to Botox
Botox can costs hundreds of dollars, so a mother developed a much cheaper alternative that some are calling Spanx for the face.
Creator Kim Aschauer created the $25 "facelift bungee" after she couldn't afford plastic surgery for her son's wedding.
Inside the little jar are two combs and a bungee cord.
Women make two braids and then attach the cord around their head, pulling their skin tighter.
Loyal customers say it takes less than a minute to attach and take off, and it takes 10 years off their face. The possible downside is a ponytail headache.
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Death of woman found in home considered homicide
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos