Study: Honey may ease nighttime coughing in kids
There's more research backing up the benefits of honey when it comes to treating your child's cough.
Researchers in Israel discovered many kids between the ages of one and five, who are suffering a cough, slept better if they were given a teaspoon of honey 30 minutes before bedtime.
One American doctor notes that honey is high in antioxidants and can help the natural healing process.
It is important to note that the Honey Board of Israel helped pay for the study, which appears in the Journal Pediatrics.
children, study, medical research, health
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 16 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
17 min ago