Study: Honey may ease nighttime coughing in kids
There's more research backing up the benefits of honey when it comes to treating your child's cough.
Researchers in Israel discovered many kids between the ages of one and five, who are suffering a cough, slept better if they were given a teaspoon of honey 30 minutes before bedtime.
One American doctor notes that honey is high in antioxidants and can help the natural healing process.
It is important to note that the Honey Board of Israel helped pay for the study, which appears in the Journal Pediatrics.
children, study, medical research, health
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle 58 min ago
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma 37 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday