Contra Costa County health care workers required to get flu vaccine
Health care workers in Contra Costa County are now required to get an annual flu vaccination or wear a surgical mask on the job during the upcoming flu season.
The mandate was ordered by the director of Contra Costa Health Services. It's designed to prevent health professionals from infecting co-workers and patients.
The order falls in line with similar mandates for health workers in San Francisco, Santa Clara and Sacramento counties.
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side 3 min ago
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court 35 min ago
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos