Contra Costa County health care workers required to get flu vaccine
Health care workers in Contra Costa County are now required to get an annual flu vaccination or wear a surgical mask on the job during the upcoming flu season.
The mandate was ordered by the director of Contra Costa Health Services. It's designed to prevent health professionals from infecting co-workers and patients.
The order falls in line with similar mandates for health workers in San Francisco, Santa Clara and Sacramento counties.
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday