Contra Costa County health care workers required to get flu vaccine
Health care workers in Contra Costa County are now required to get an annual flu vaccination or wear a surgical mask on the job during the upcoming flu season.
The mandate was ordered by the director of Contra Costa Health Services. It's designed to prevent health professionals from infecting co-workers and patients.
The order falls in line with similar mandates for health workers in San Francisco, Santa Clara and Sacramento counties.
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child 54 min ago
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday