Contra Costa County health care workers required to get flu vaccine
Health care workers in Contra Costa County are now required to get an annual flu vaccination or wear a surgical mask on the job during the upcoming flu season.
The mandate was ordered by the director of Contra Costa Health Services. It's designed to prevent health professionals from infecting co-workers and patients.
The order falls in line with similar mandates for health workers in San Francisco, Santa Clara and Sacramento counties.
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather 34 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested 38 min ago
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Bay Area family competing in national Christmas light competition
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- GET FREE STUFF: Dog bow tie; makeup 21 min ago
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing... 9 min ago
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday