Group issues warning about feeding kids tuna
Children may be eating high levels of mercury with their tuna fish sandwiches at school and at home.
Mercury Policy Project, a consumer advocacy group, tested content of nearly 60 samples of canned tuna. The group says albacore or white tuna can triple a child's mercury explosure.
They recommend schools and parents not serve it but if they do, the group says children under 55 pounds should limit light tuna to one meal, once a month.
They say no child should eat tuna every day.
diets, children, food, health
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area 9 min ago
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole 59 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 49 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
49 min ago