Man recieves kidney tranplant after waiting 7 years
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An Oakland man who believed he was denied a transplant because of his illegal immigration status is recovering with a new kidney.
Jesus Navarro, 35, waited 7 years before getting a kidney last week.
Hospital officials explain the hold-up was his financial situation because post-op care is expensive and necessary.
A clinic agreed to provide Navarro free care after the surgery, which put him back on the recipient list.
oakland, immigration, UCSF, health
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike 45 min ago
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 17 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday