Eating more tomatoes can prevent strokes in males
Whether it's ketchup, spaghetti sauce, or just a good old red-ripe tomato, more of it in a man's diet can help prevent strokes.
Tomato products have a lot of the antioxidant lycopene and researchers found that men between 45 and 65 with higher levels of lycopene in their blood reduce the risk of stroke by more than half.
Subjects were studied over a 12-year period.
The findings are published in the journal "Neurology."
medical research, food, diets, health
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Elderly woman with Alzheimer's missing in Palo Alto 59 min ago
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained 35 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday