Study: Link between soda and male arthritis pain
Sugary soda is not only bad for the waistline, apparently it's also not good for men with arthritic knees.
Harvard researchers found the more soda men drink, the worse the osteoarthritis in their knees becomes.
And here's a bit of a surprise, they say possible weight gain from drinking soda had no impact on increased knee pain.
The soda lobby dismisses the study, which found no link between soda consumption and increased arthritis pain in women.
medical research, health
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building 13 min ago
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Oakland considers dropping ShotSpotter technology
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa 29 min ago
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos