Study: Link between soda and male arthritis pain
Sugary soda is not only bad for the waistline, apparently it's also not good for men with arthritic knees.
Harvard researchers found the more soda men drink, the worse the osteoarthritis in their knees becomes.
And here's a bit of a surprise, they say possible weight gain from drinking soda had no impact on increased knee pain.
The soda lobby dismisses the study, which found no link between soda consumption and increased arthritis pain in women.
medical research, health
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed 11 min ago
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire 49 min ago
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos