Survey ranks Vermont as America's healthiest state
An annual, nationwide survey shows Vermont is once again the healthiest state in America.
The survey by the United Health Foundation has ranked Vermont No. 1 for the fourth year in a row. It gives the state high marks for low disease rates and a low rate of uninsured residents.
Hawaii, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Minnesota round out the top five. California ranks 22nd. Mississippi and Lousiana tied for the least healthiest.
health insurance, health
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos