Survey ranks Vermont as America's healthiest state
An annual, nationwide survey shows Vermont is once again the healthiest state in America.
The survey by the United Health Foundation has ranked Vermont No. 1 for the fourth year in a row. It gives the state high marks for low disease rates and a low rate of uninsured residents.
Hawaii, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Minnesota round out the top five. California ranks 22nd. Mississippi and Lousiana tied for the least healthiest.
health insurance, health
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids 1 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death 20 min ago
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in...
20 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos