Survey ranks Vermont as America's healthiest state
An annual, nationwide survey shows Vermont is once again the healthiest state in America.
The survey by the United Health Foundation has ranked Vermont No. 1 for the fourth year in a row. It gives the state high marks for low disease rates and a low rate of uninsured residents.
Hawaii, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Minnesota round out the top five. California ranks 22nd. Mississippi and Lousiana tied for the least healthiest.
health insurance, health
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 6 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
8 min ago