Survey ranks Vermont as America's healthiest state
An annual, nationwide survey shows Vermont is once again the healthiest state in America.
The survey by the United Health Foundation has ranked Vermont No. 1 for the fourth year in a row. It gives the state high marks for low disease rates and a low rate of uninsured residents.
Hawaii, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Minnesota round out the top five. California ranks 22nd. Mississippi and Lousiana tied for the least healthiest.
health insurance, health
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos