Survey examines drug use among teens
There are new concerns this morning about marijuana and prescription drug use among teens.
A new survey finds 23 percent of high school seniors admitted to smoking pot in the last month alone. Seven percent say they smoke it every day and don't think the drug is harmful.
The report also reveals one in 12 teens take Adderall to get high. The drug is prescribed by doctors to treat people with attention deficit disorder. The study was funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach 57 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 55 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd 32 min ago