Survey examines drug use among teens
There are new concerns this morning about marijuana and prescription drug use among teens.
A new survey finds 23 percent of high school seniors admitted to smoking pot in the last month alone. Seven percent say they smoke it every day and don't think the drug is harmful.
The report also reveals one in 12 teens take Adderall to get high. The drug is prescribed by doctors to treat people with attention deficit disorder. The study was funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr 24 min ago
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield 33 min ago
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland 1 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos