New pump makes calories disappear
The creator of the Segway is among a group of inventors who have designed a stomach-pumping machine to make calories disappear.
It is called the "Aspire Assist Device."
It works by sucking the food right out of the stomach so that only about a third of the calories are absorbed by the body.
A small, handheld device connects to another device on the outside of the stomach.
In a one-year trial of 24 obese patients, people lost an average of about 45 pounds.
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Stanford grad wins big deal on "Shark Tank"
45 min ago