Number of kids diagnosed with ADHD jumps
New figures show the number of kids diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder has made a huge jump.
The study, from Kaiser Permanente, found ADHD cases rose 24 percent from 2001 to 2010. Rates jumped the most in minority children, including a 70 percent rise among African Americans.
Researchers also found kids with ADHD were also more likely to be male than female and come from families earning at least $70,000.
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits 15 min ago
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday