Men with beards may be healthier, study says
A new study finds men with beards may be a little healthier than those without.
A study by Australia's University of South Queensland says facial hair not only protects against the sun but also slows down aging.
According to researchers, a fuzzy face stops water from leaving the skin, keeping it moisturized. Thick beards also raise the temperature of the neck and may help battle colds, they say.
- Child thrown from apartment fire in Hayward 16 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 20 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos