Men with beards may be healthier, study says
A new study finds men with beards may be a little healthier than those without.
A study by Australia's University of South Queensland says facial hair not only protects against the sun but also slows down aging.
According to researchers, a fuzzy face stops water from leaving the skin, keeping it moisturized. Thick beards also raise the temperature of the neck and may help battle colds, they say.
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Mother, toddler endure violent home invasion robbery 57 min ago
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital 35 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick 10 min ago
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday