Norovirus most common stomach flu for children
Norovirus is now the leading cause of stomach flu among young children.
A new study reveals that Norovirus was responsible for nearly one million pediatric medical care visits for 2009 and 2010 in the United States.
Doctors say one in 278 children will be hospitalized with the illness by the time they turn five. The infection can result in dehydration, intense vomiting and diarrhea.
The study is published in the New England Journal of Medicine.
mill valley, health
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Cold snap damages plants in Bay Area yards
49 min ago