Study: 20 percent of handbags dirtier than toilet
A new study finds that you may be carrying around more than just personal belongings in your handbags.
The study found that 20 percent of handbags are covered with more bacteria than the average toilet. That's according to the British company "Initial Washroom Hygiene."
The company discovered that 1 in 5 handbags is full of germs that could pose a threat to human health.
Bottles of hand cream appear to be the dirtiest items inside the bags.
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly 36 min ago
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay 33 min ago
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires 19 min ago
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday