Study: 20 percent of handbags dirtier than toilet
A new study finds that you may be carrying around more than just personal belongings in your handbags.
The study found that 20 percent of handbags are covered with more bacteria than the average toilet. That's according to the British company "Initial Washroom Hygiene."
The company discovered that 1 in 5 handbags is full of germs that could pose a threat to human health.
Bottles of hand cream appear to be the dirtiest items inside the bags.
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 46 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 48 min ago
- Family of slain TSA agent files claim for $25M 24 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 57 min ago
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members 29 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued