Bay Area cities rank high on list of "fittest" U.S. cities
Several Bay Area cities earned high marks for being among the "fittest" in the nation.
The Minneapolis-Saint Paul area took top honors in the American College of Sports Medicine's annual fitness survey.
San Francisco and the East Bay came in fourth on the list. Sacramento ranked seventh. San Jose and the South Bay came in tenth.
The report measures health behaviors of residents, access to care, and the levels of chronic disease across the largest metro areas nationwide.
sacramento, san jose, fitness, obesity, health care, health
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Google barge moved to the Port of Stockton
- Pedestrian safety plan announced in San Francisco
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology 2 min ago
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday