Bay Area cities rank high on list of "fittest" U.S. cities
Several Bay Area cities earned high marks for being among the "fittest" in the nation.
The Minneapolis-Saint Paul area took top honors in the American College of Sports Medicine's annual fitness survey.
San Francisco and the East Bay came in fourth on the list. Sacramento ranked seventh. San Jose and the South Bay came in tenth.
The report measures health behaviors of residents, access to care, and the levels of chronic disease across the largest metro areas nationwide.
sacramento, san jose, fitness, obesity, health care, health
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Multi-vehicle crash blocking lanes on Bay Bridge 4 min ago
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos