Bay Area cities rank high on list of "fittest" U.S. cities
Several Bay Area cities earned high marks for being among the "fittest" in the nation.
The Minneapolis-Saint Paul area took top honors in the American College of Sports Medicine's annual fitness survey.
San Francisco and the East Bay came in fourth on the list. Sacramento ranked seventh. San Jose and the South Bay came in tenth.
The report measures health behaviors of residents, access to care, and the levels of chronic disease across the largest metro areas nationwide.
sacramento, san jose, fitness, obesity, health care, health
- Fatal crash blocks lanes of I-580 in Livermore
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos