Whooping cough warning for Marin County parents
Health officials in Marin County are putting parent's on alert as cases of whooping cough are up over the past two months.
During April and May, 36 cases of pertussis were reported in Marin County. That compares to five cases for the same time last year.
Most of the recent cases have been among school-age children, but infants are at the greatest risk for severe complications.
No hospitalizations or deaths have been reported.
whooping cough, marin county, parenting, health
- SFPD SWAT in standoff with shooting suspect 20 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing 51 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos