Study: Moderate drinking OK for pregnant moms
A new study shows moderate drinking is OK when you're pregnant and won't harm the baby.
According to the British study, three to seven glasses of wine a week may not have an effect on the brain development of a child.
Researchers studied nearly 7,000 ten-year-olds. Each child was given a balance test, which is an indicator of healthy brain development in the womb.
They found that those whose mothers drank small amounts of alcohol while pregnant were not at any physical disadvantage.
The study appears in this month's journal BMJ open.
children, medical research, study, health
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord 18 min ago
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing 25 min ago
- Memorial to take place in SF to honor Mandela 5 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Oakland fire; Asiana crash hearing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
7 min ago