Morning-after pill now available on store shelves
The morning-after pill will be on sale in most pharmacies and grocery stores starting August 1 to anyone who wants it.
Plan B pills will be on shelves instead of behind the counter.
For the first time the emergency contraception will also be available to women under 17 without a prescription.
This marks the end of a long legal battle to make it more easily available.
women's health, health
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault 28 min ago
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 9 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday