GMA's Tory Johnson discusses weight battle
NEW YORK (KGO) -- You may know Good Morning America contributor Tory Johnson for her Deals and Steals segments designed to save you money. But what you may not know is how she saved her own health.
Johnson lost 72 pounds in the last 20 months. She says she had been overweight since second grade; forging notes to get out of Physical Education classes and wearing a blue wedding dress to hide her size. Johnson also avoided the doctor for 10 years.
Johnson revealed her life-changing moment came when her boss suggested a wardrobe makeover. She then decided to make a permanent lifestyle change.
She reveals more keys to her success in her new book, "The Shift: How I Finally Lost Weight and Discovered a Happier Life."
ABC, good morning america, weight loss, health
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos