GMA's Tory Johnson discusses weight battle
NEW YORK (KGO) -- You may know Good Morning America contributor Tory Johnson for her Deals and Steals segments designed to save you money. But what you may not know is how she saved her own health.
Johnson lost 72 pounds in the last 20 months. She says she had been overweight since second grade; forging notes to get out of Physical Education classes and wearing a blue wedding dress to hide her size. Johnson also avoided the doctor for 10 years.
Johnson revealed her life-changing moment came when her boss suggested a wardrobe makeover. She then decided to make a permanent lifestyle change.
She reveals more keys to her success in her new book, "The Shift: How I Finally Lost Weight and Discovered a Happier Life."
ABC, good morning america, weight loss, health
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos