Study: Oreo cookies as addictive as cocaine
A new study finds that Oreo cookies are as addictive as cocaine.
The report out of Connecticut College found eating Oreo cookies activated more neurons in the brain's pleasure center than exposure to cocaine or morphine.
It also found that rats go after the creamy center first -- just like most people do.
The research will be presented next month at the Society for Neuroscience Conference in San Diego.
food, drugs, health
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Santa Clara student sets record for...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos