Morning-after pill may not work for some women
The morning-after pill may not work for women over a certain weight.
Researchers found the French version of the drug, Norlevo, begins to lose effectiveness in women who weigh more than 165-pounds. And it's completely ineffective in women weighing over 176-pounds. Norlevo is identical to America's Plan B One-Step.
The Food and Drug Administration says it's reviewing the study and will determine if any labeling changes are warranted.
- Police search for gunman after officer shot in SF 8 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case