Morning-after pill may not work for some women
The morning-after pill may not work for women over a certain weight.
Researchers found the French version of the drug, Norlevo, begins to lose effectiveness in women who weigh more than 165-pounds. And it's completely ineffective in women weighing over 176-pounds. Norlevo is identical to America's Plan B One-Step.
The Food and Drug Administration says it's reviewing the study and will determine if any labeling changes are warranted.
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 16 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Police investigating shooting in Richmond 56 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
5 min ago