23andMe standing by DNA analysis product
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The co-founder of DNA testing company 23andMe is countering a warning letter it received from the FDA.
Anne Wojcicki sent a letter to 23andMe customers saying the company stands behind the data it has sent out. She also says the company is working with FDA officials to address any concerns.
Last Friday, the FDA demanded that 23andMe immediately discontinue marketing its DNA testing kits, expressing concern they could return inaccurate results and lead consumers to undergo unnecessary health procedures.
DNA, FDA, mountain view, medical research, shopping, health
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos