Covered California extends hours as deadline approaches Monday
Monday is the last day to sign up for a plan under the new health care law if you want health insurance coverage by January 1.
Covered California, the state's health insurance exchange, is holding extended hours Sunday to help people enroll.
The call center is open until 8 p.m. The number is 1-800-300-1506.
They've been receiving a high number of calls, so you may have to keep trying.
You can also apply online at CoveredCa.com.
Open enrollment continues through March 31.
Anyone who does not enroll by that date will face a penalty.
How to find a Covered California enrollment counselors that you can talk to in person:
barack obama, insurance, health
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 13 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Obama signs memo to strengthen overtime pay rules 20 min ago
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday