Santa Clara, Alameda counties report additional flu deaths
Health officials are reporting three more flu deaths in the Bay Area bringing the total number of flu deaths this season to 32.
Santa Clara County health officials say within the last two weeks, a 58-year-old woman and a 43-year-old man died of the H1N1 virus. Both individuals had underlying conditions.
A total of eight people have died from the flu in Santa Clara County this season.
Alameda County health officials reported another flu-related death Friday afternoon.
State officials said Friday morning they're continuing to see many more flu cases than expected this year.
h1n1, flu, santa clara county, alameda county, health
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 19 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 4 min ago
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 3 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief 10 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
4 min ago