Santa Clara, Alameda counties report additional flu deaths
Health officials are reporting three more flu deaths in the Bay Area bringing the total number of flu deaths this season to 32.
Santa Clara County health officials say within the last two weeks, a 58-year-old woman and a 43-year-old man died of the H1N1 virus. Both individuals had underlying conditions.
A total of eight people have died from the flu in Santa Clara County this season.
Alameda County health officials reported another flu-related death Friday afternoon.
State officials said Friday morning they're continuing to see many more flu cases than expected this year.
h1n1, flu, santa clara county, alameda county, health
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car 22 min ago
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash 9 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 55 min ago
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday