Mommy blogger's photo sparks internet backlash
NEW YORK (KGO) -- A mom in New York is causing a stir on mommy blogs after she posted a photo showing a less than perfect moment with her kids. Her message is that it's impossible to be a supermom.
The picture shows two of Erin Ruddy's kids glued to their iPads, with one of them distractedly feeding a bottle to his baby sister. Ruddy says the photo shows the reality of motherhood in an age where women feel pressure to be perfect moms.
"There's no such thing as private parenting. You see everything that your friends are doing. They see everything that you're doing. So, you feel this pressure to be this perfect mom with the perfect pictures on Facebook and Pinterest, but the truth of the matter is there's no such thing as a supermom," stir.com's Ericka Souter said.
"Because beyond these pictures, you have tantrums, you have arguments with your husband, you have a messy house, and that's the reality that we're hiding," she continued.
Ruddy's supporters say the idea is that it's OK to stop trying to be supermom if it gets you a little more quality time with your kids.
children, parenting, iPad, health
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Fatal collision blocks lanes on I-880 near Coliseum
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts