Mommy blogger's photo sparks internet backlash
NEW YORK (KGO) -- A mom in New York is causing a stir on mommy blogs after she posted a photo showing a less than perfect moment with her kids. Her message is that it's impossible to be a supermom.
The picture shows two of Erin Ruddy's kids glued to their iPads, with one of them distractedly feeding a bottle to his baby sister. Ruddy says the photo shows the reality of motherhood in an age where women feel pressure to be perfect moms.
"There's no such thing as private parenting. You see everything that your friends are doing. They see everything that you're doing. So, you feel this pressure to be this perfect mom with the perfect pictures on Facebook and Pinterest, but the truth of the matter is there's no such thing as a supermom," stir.com's Ericka Souter said.
"Because beyond these pictures, you have tantrums, you have arguments with your husband, you have a messy house, and that's the reality that we're hiding," she continued.
Ruddy's supporters say the idea is that it's OK to stop trying to be supermom if it gets you a little more quality time with your kids.
children, parenting, iPad, health
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday