New Bay Area and Santa Cruz County flu deaths reported
Three more Bay Area deaths from the flu are being reported. Two of the victims are in Santa Cruz County, the other in San Mateo County.
That brings the number of flu deaths in Santa Cruz County to three, and in San Mateo County to five.
The two victims in Santa Cruz County were both men.
The total deaths for the Bay Area and Santa Cruz County now stands at 38.
Health officials urge everyone from six months and up to get a vaccine.
h1n1, flu, health
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday