Mom expecting triplets gives birth to identical quadruplets
A Mississippi woman and her doctor got a big surprise, just days before Valentine's Day. She was expecting triplets, but that changed when she delivered her babies three months early. Kimberly Fugate, 42, actually had identical quadruplets -- all girls.
The pregnancy was unplanned and the quadruplets were conceived without fertility treatments, an extremely rare occurrence. Doctors say the odds are one in 13 million, with only 60 cases documented in medical history.
"Well they had delivered three babies, and I heard them say "extra feet,'" Fugate said.
The girls, named Kristen, Kayleigh, Kelsey, and Kenleigh, are in intensive care right now.
Mom says she hopes she'll be able to take them home in May.
children, parenting, pregnancy, health
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 19 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday