Dept. of Justice to investigate boat crash
CLEAR LAKE, CA (KGO) -- There has been a major development in a fatal boat crash the ABC7 I-Team has been investigating.
The Lake County Sheriff's office announced the State Department of Justice will investigate whether the sheriff's office carried out a proper investigation after a fatal accident on Clear Lake, last year.
As the I-Team reported, the number two ranking official, in the Sheriff's Department, was at the wheel of a powerboat, when it slammed into a sailboat at night.
A woman, on board the sail boat, was killed yet, Lake County prosecutors filed manslaughter charges against the man steering the sailboat.
The I-Team will have more of this story, in the coming days.
Read Dan Noyes' blog on the latest developments.
Have a tip on this or another investigation? E-mail the ABC7 I-Team or call 1-888-40-I-TEAM.
i-team, dan noyes
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Oakland looks to give micro-loans to small businesses
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday