Dept. of Justice to investigate boat crash
CLEAR LAKE, CA (KGO) -- There has been a major development in a fatal boat crash the ABC7 I-Team has been investigating.
The Lake County Sheriff's office announced the State Department of Justice will investigate whether the sheriff's office carried out a proper investigation after a fatal accident on Clear Lake, last year.
As the I-Team reported, the number two ranking official, in the Sheriff's Department, was at the wheel of a powerboat, when it slammed into a sailboat at night.
A woman, on board the sail boat, was killed yet, Lake County prosecutors filed manslaughter charges against the man steering the sailboat.
The I-Team will have more of this story, in the coming days.
Read Dan Noyes' blog on the latest developments.
Have a tip on this or another investigation? E-mail the ABC7 I-Team or call 1-888-40-I-TEAM.
i-team, dan noyes
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday