I-Team: SEC files civil complaint against Walter Ng
We have an update to an I-Team investigation into what could turn out to be the largest securities fraud in California history.
On Thursday, the Securities and Exchange Commission filed a civil complaint against Walter Ng, his son, Kelly and partner Bruce Horwitz for "secretly using the assets of a new real estate fund to rescue an older, rapidly collapsing fund."
The SEC also accuses the East Bay men of lying to investors about the health of their funds. It's been two-and-a-half years since the I-Team first exposed the scandal involving more than $700 million and thousands of investors. Many of those investors lost their life's savings.
An attorney involved in the case says to expect criminal charges against the men soon.
SEC, FBI, oakland, lawsuit, fraud, i-team, dan noyes
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 10 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- School marching band hit by robber gets big donation 9 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday