Napa restaurant in trouble for serving foie gras
NAPA, Calif. (KGO) -- On Wednesday the ABC7 News I-Team has learned that a Napa restaurant is in big trouble for continuing to serve foie gras.
The Animal Legal Defense Fund filed a lawsuit against La Toque restaurant for violating the state ban on foie gras.
La Toque said they were serving the food as a protest against the ban.
On Wednesday a Napa County superior court judge ruled that the illegal sale is not protected by the freedom of speech.
A series of ABC7 News I-Team reports in 2003 exposed how ducks are force-fed for foie gras, which led to the passage of the bill banning the delicacy.
napa, food, animal, animals in peril, i-team
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos