Lifestyle & Fun
Skip the party, give a bonus?
NEW YORK -- Holiday office parties can be fun, but most employees would really rather have some cash.
That's according to an annual survey on the career site GlassDoor.com.
The group polled thousands of Americans with full-time job, and found 73 percent would rather ditch the holiday party and get a bonus instead.
Five percent want to socialize with colleagues.
Preferences aside, you'd better get your best party outfit ready anyway: More than 80 percent of companies are planning a holiday party this year. That's according to a separate survey by an international outplacement and consulting firm.
That number is up from 68 percent of companies holding holiday parties last year.
lifestyle & fun
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91 19 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday