Lifestyle & Fun
Skip the party, give a bonus?
NEW YORK -- Holiday office parties can be fun, but most employees would really rather have some cash.
That's according to an annual survey on the career site GlassDoor.com.
The group polled thousands of Americans with full-time job, and found 73 percent would rather ditch the holiday party and get a bonus instead.
Five percent want to socialize with colleagues.
Preferences aside, you'd better get your best party outfit ready anyway: More than 80 percent of companies are planning a holiday party this year. That's according to a separate survey by an international outplacement and consulting firm.
That number is up from 68 percent of companies holding holiday parties last year.
lifestyle & fun
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 34 min ago
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO 58 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online 49 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
58 min ago