Lifestyle & Fun
What would you do if the world was ending?
NEW YORK -- What if December 21 was the last day forever? As time ticks away, how would you spend it?
"Skydiving, I've always wanted to go!" said Courtney Polito, from Albany.
"The Mayans predicted it and they've been right about everything else!" said Dylan Burtis, from Sri Lanka.
What kinds of things would you indulge in and who would you spend it with?
If it's about to be over, do you dig into your wallet to spend your last dime at a wishing well?
"Spend it with my family, huddle, and get out our I love you's, say I'm sorry and never meant it, all go together. But it's not going to happen!" said Lorette Nicolas, from Brooklyn.
"Not sure what to do. I don't know exactly how spend it, I guess with friend and family, partying probably," said Sue Ellen Duart, in New York's Times Square. It seems most people are not buying into this end of the world theory but even with the biggest of skeptics it seems like this has given them something to think about at least.
"I apologize for the kids I tortured in high school," one man said. "I have no regrets. I have a clear conscience, I'm good to go," said Kyle Motsanger, a Washington Heights resident.
Angela Underhill of Brooklyn says with the recent events in New York City she almost feels like the end has already happened so she's cherishing every day, "These are my nieces and this what I enjoy the most I'm doing what I want to do."
Overwhelmingly, New Yorkers said they want to spend it with family.
But if you really need something for your bucket list, there is a town in France among the foothills of the Pyrenees that is attracting partygoers from all over the world.
Apocalypse believers claim the tiny village is a refuge from doomsday. Another popular escape is Mexico's Yucatan peninsula near the sites of the ancient Mayan cities where the 21st is not just an end, but a date that marks another beginning.
End of the World Parties in New York City:
End of the World Party Beats
December 20th at 11PM to 2am 621 West 46th Street
THE BELL HOUSE
Dec. 21st 6:30pm $25 149 Seventh St at Second Ave. in Brooklyn
BOWERY HOTEL BAR
Dec. 21st 7 to 11:55pm 335 Bowery at East Third Street
BB KING BLUES CLUB
Dec. 21 11pm to 4am $20
237 W. 42nd St. at Eighth Ave.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lifestyle & fun, amy freeze
- Injunction filed to keep Jahi McMath on life support
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Female victim shot near Lake Merritt Friday morning
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning
- Target shopper files suit over security breach
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen...
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints 27 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Stores stay open around the clock before...
24 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos