Lifestyle & Fun
Turkey call helps child rescue lost dog
DUNDEE -- A sixth-grader, a snowstorm and a lost dog combined to make for an amazing rescue story.
It all happened in Dundee, New York, in the Finger Lakes region.
Maggie, a lab-springer mix, ran away during a snowstorm the day after Christmas.
What made things worse is that the 17-year-old pooch has trouble walking, seeing and hearing.
But somehow, Maggie managed to hear a turkey call from sixth-grader Austin Gibson.
The call roused Maggie from a snow bank, and other than being pretty cold, the dog is okay.
Maggie's owner says it's a miracle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 11 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
4 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos