Lifestyle & Fun
Turkey call helps child rescue lost dog
DUNDEE -- A sixth-grader, a snowstorm and a lost dog combined to make for an amazing rescue story.
It all happened in Dundee, New York, in the Finger Lakes region.
Maggie, a lab-springer mix, ran away during a snowstorm the day after Christmas.
What made things worse is that the 17-year-old pooch has trouble walking, seeing and hearing.
But somehow, Maggie managed to hear a turkey call from sixth-grader Austin Gibson.
The call roused Maggie from a snow bank, and other than being pretty cold, the dog is okay.
Maggie's owner says it's a miracle.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Sheriff: Suspect in Colorado school shooting dead 3 min ago
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home
- EMT killed in fiery crash on I-580 remembered
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Photos: Colorado high school shooting 13 min ago
- Icy roads creating dangerous driving conditions 53 min ago
- Vigils to mark first anniversary of Newtown shooting
- Knife-wielding man arrested for grocery store robbery 18 min ago
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Saturday 23 min ago
- roundup: SF stabbing; Water main breaks 43 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Icy roads creating dangerous driving...
53 min ago