Lifestyle & Fun
Photo of baby reaching out of womb goes viral
ARIZONA -- As any mother can tell you, giving birth can be a blur. But every so often, a picture brings it into crystal-clear focus.
Such an image is getting a lot of attention online.
The picture is hauntingly beautiful - showing unborn Naveah Atkins reaching out of her mother's womb and holding the finger of the doctor performing her C-section delivery.
Few lives will be as well documented as little Naveah's, since her mother is a professional photographer. But it was her dad, Randy, who snapped the photo.
"The doctor called me over and said, 'Hey, she's grabbing my finger,' so I ran over there and just grabbed the shot," he said. "And I was just in awe looking at it. It was such an amazing picture."
Mom Alicia Atkins gave her doctor a canvas print of the photo and posted it online. And after thousands of "likes" on Facebook, she's even gotten a few offers to buy the picture.
Alicia says she's going to hang a big canvas print of the picture in Neveah's room. And although she may someday sell prints, she'll never give up the copyright, which she says is priceless.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 59 min ago
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery 6 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 44 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting 12 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 43 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief 50 min ago
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley 31 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
21 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
44 min ago