Lifestyle & Fun
Soothing drinks for winter
NEW YORK -- To do perform 8 times every week on Broadway, the star of Mama Mia has to take care of her body and her voice.
Judy McLane is especially mindful of that during the winter, so her strategy? A Cold Warrior.
It's a concoction of organic green tea, orange juice, ginger, Echinacea, Vitamin c and zinc all steamed together
The drink was actually created for Broadway performers.
"On the way to the theater, I started drinking it and I thought 'Oh my God! I'm going to have the best show ever.' And I sang a great show that night," she said.
Now there's a hot Juice Farmacy menu at Juice Generation that also includes the Ginger Fix - a version of a Chai tea made with almond milk.
The Dr. Bombay is made of fresh apple and pear juice with cinnamon and added vitamins.
The Lemon Lozenge sounds like it's name, but with a kick of cayenne.
These drinks may not entirely prevent a cold, but if you've already got one, they're comfort in a cup.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday