Lifestyle & Fun
Soothing drinks for winter
NEW YORK -- To do perform 8 times every week on Broadway, the star of Mama Mia has to take care of her body and her voice.
Judy McLane is especially mindful of that during the winter, so her strategy? A Cold Warrior.
It's a concoction of organic green tea, orange juice, ginger, Echinacea, Vitamin c and zinc all steamed together
The drink was actually created for Broadway performers.
"On the way to the theater, I started drinking it and I thought 'Oh my God! I'm going to have the best show ever.' And I sang a great show that night," she said.
Now there's a hot Juice Farmacy menu at Juice Generation that also includes the Ginger Fix - a version of a Chai tea made with almond milk.
The Dr. Bombay is made of fresh apple and pear juice with cinnamon and added vitamins.
The Lemon Lozenge sounds like it's name, but with a kick of cayenne.
These drinks may not entirely prevent a cold, but if you've already got one, they're comfort in a cup.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 23 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
24 min ago