Lifestyle & Fun
Deer rescued from icy lake in dramatic video
GOLDEN, Colorado -- Colorado wildlife officials with help from Coors brewery employees have rescued a large mule deer stranded on an icy lake near Golden.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife district spokeswoman Jennifer Churchill said Thursday the animal wandered onto the frozen lake or was chased by a predator and appeared to be in good condition. She said there was no indication the animal broke through the ice and it was not struggling.
Rescuers lassoed the animal and were able to drag it across the lake to safety.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos