Lifestyle & Fun
Deer rescued from icy lake in dramatic video
GOLDEN, Colorado -- Colorado wildlife officials with help from Coors brewery employees have rescued a large mule deer stranded on an icy lake near Golden.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife district spokeswoman Jennifer Churchill said Thursday the animal wandered onto the frozen lake or was chased by a predator and appeared to be in good condition. She said there was no indication the animal broke through the ice and it was not struggling.
Rescuers lassoed the animal and were able to drag it across the lake to safety.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation 15 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault 43 min ago
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 3 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 4 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
4 min ago
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to...
15 min ago