Lifestyle & Fun
Cameras rolling as divers come to dolphin's aid
HAWAII -- Divers in Hawaii lent a hand to a needy dolphin, and the incident was caught on camera.
In the video, you can see a bottlenose dolphin approach a diver who noticed his fin was entangled in fishing line.
The diver used a knife to cut away at the line, freeing the dolphin.
The group was on a night dive to view manta rays off the coast of Kona, Hawaii.
They say they've helped free manta rays from entanglement before and that the dolphin showed interest in getting some help for himself.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions 25 min ago
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 5 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- SF approves new regulations for food trucks
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit 15 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
39 min ago