Lifestyle & Fun
Cameras rolling as divers come to dolphin's aid
HAWAII -- Divers in Hawaii lent a hand to a needy dolphin, and the incident was caught on camera.
In the video, you can see a bottlenose dolphin approach a diver who noticed his fin was entangled in fishing line.
The diver used a knife to cut away at the line, freeing the dolphin.
The group was on a night dive to view manta rays off the coast of Kona, Hawaii.
They say they've helped free manta rays from entanglement before and that the dolphin showed interest in getting some help for himself.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 35 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday