Lifestyle & Fun
Find a cozy fireplace in New York City
NEW YORK -- When it's cold outside you want a cozy fireplace and a hot drink.
But finding a fireplace in New York City can be a bit challenging.
Eyewitness News shows you where you can cozy up.
It's not something you usually see in the city, but at the Black Mountain Winehouse the working fireplace is a big draw.
The fireplace actually heats the whole room, so it can get pretty toasty up close.
At the Iroquois Hotel on 44th Street, The Lantern's Keep Bar could lure you in.
So head to the back of the lobby to the bar where most of the drinks are by the fire.
At the Inn at Irving Place you'll find Lady Mendy's Tea Salon where there are five fireplaces to keep you warm.
Tea is served everyday and you may even feel like you're back in the 1800s.
You'll want to linger and enjoy that hot tea.
Finally, this is a spot that will really encourage you to linger; it's the VIP spa suite at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel at Columbus Circle.
From the soaking tub, you can move onto foot treatments or massages or just lounge and have a meal on a king size bed.
You can do it all while the fire is going.
With a fireplace in your spa room you may forget its winter.
It is unusual and the hotel says it's a real selling point.
Of course the spa treatments will cost you a little more than a pot of tea, but there's something for everyone's budget with these fire place spots.
For more information please visit:
The Inn at Irving Place & Lady Mendl's
56 Irving Place
(Between 17th & 18th Streets)
New York, NY 10003
The Lantern's Keep Bar at The Iroquois Hotel
49 W 44th St New York, NY 10036
415 Union St Brooklyn, NY 11231
80 Columbus Circle at 60th Street
New York, New York 10023, USA
+1 (212) 805 8800
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF 25 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 5 min ago
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case