Lifestyle & Fun
Wall climbing for adults
NEW YORK -- Tomas Anthony wants his workouts to take people well beyond the walls of his gym, those walls are pretty high.
"Getting in shape is really important. Every inch of usable space for training," Anthony said.
So his circuit training classes aren't so much about lifting weights as they are about playing in the space.
This sort of playtime does a number on you. In one hour we work our entire body, from floor work to wall work.
Everybody's got to climb. No harness or helmet. Most of us are staying low, though some are much more adept. It's something to strive for, as are managing the rings. It's so much harder than it looks.
"There isn't any other exercise that's gotten me into the kind of shape. I feel really athletic," Emily Perkowski said.
And perhaps more prepared to face what the day outside the gym will bring, and that's why Tomas calls his place, Everyday Athlete.
"Most of all, I hope you come away with a great workout, but also the inspiration to take what you learned. The essence of what we're trying to do," he said.
For more information, please visit Everyday Athlete on the web: everydayathlete.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 24 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday