Lifestyle & Fun
Wall climbing for adults
NEW YORK -- Tomas Anthony wants his workouts to take people well beyond the walls of his gym, those walls are pretty high.
"Getting in shape is really important. Every inch of usable space for training," Anthony said.
So his circuit training classes aren't so much about lifting weights as they are about playing in the space.
This sort of playtime does a number on you. In one hour we work our entire body, from floor work to wall work.
Everybody's got to climb. No harness or helmet. Most of us are staying low, though some are much more adept. It's something to strive for, as are managing the rings. It's so much harder than it looks.
"There isn't any other exercise that's gotten me into the kind of shape. I feel really athletic," Emily Perkowski said.
And perhaps more prepared to face what the day outside the gym will bring, and that's why Tomas calls his place, Everyday Athlete.
"Most of all, I hope you come away with a great workout, but also the inspiration to take what you learned. The essence of what we're trying to do," he said.
For more information, please visit Everyday Athlete on the web: everydayathlete.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Best methods for brewing coffee at home
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos