Westly Stands Beside Phil Angelides
July 7 - KGO (KGO) -- New York Senator Hillary Clinton is in San Francisco to boost support for the Democratic nominee for governor, Phil Angelides. He's trailing Governor Schwarzenegger in the latest polls.
Hillary Clinton was the big name at the rally, but the big surprise who stood by Phil Angelides' side -- Steve Westly.
You remember just a month ago Westly attacking Phil Angelides, and Governor Schwarzenegger is now running using Westly's word against Phil Angelides. Westly is trying to take it all back.
Steve Westly, former gubernatorial candidate: "Governor Schwarzenegger has shown great interest in what Steve Westly has to say about 2006. He is right here to tell you that we all need to vote for the Democratic candidate Phil Angelides in November 2006.
Senator Hillary Clinton made a quick statement for the cameras, but she offered a big name to the event and to a $1,000-plate breakfast. But she rallied the Democratic party behind Phil Angelides.
Phil Angelides is down in the polls, but says he is optimistic.
Phil Angelides, (D) gubernatorial candidate: "As everyone knows, I got in this race when Schwarzenegger had 70-percent approval ratings. I got into this race because he was taking the state in the wrong direction. I want to help more young people go to college."
Senator Clinton told ABC7 she has known Phil Angelides for 15-years, and he was instrumental in her husband's first race for president.
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues
- Marcus Books strikes deal with owners to stay
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- abcnews: Radiant Orchid 2014 Color of the Year 11 min ago
- roundup: Sports Cap Bandit; SF hit-and-run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday