New Hope To Save Moffett's Hanger One
July 26 - KGO (KGO) -- There's new hope for preservationists trying to save an historic landmark at Moffett Field.
They've convinced the Navy to reconsider the fate of the base's huge Hanger One. The huge dome-shaped building was built in 1933 to house massive Dirigible's.
The Navy announced plans last May to tear it down to get rid of toxic chemicals that were leaking from its skin into nearby groundwater.
Demolition would cost $12 million. Decontamination would cost double that.
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault 7 min ago
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos