New Hope To Save Moffett's Hanger One
July 26 - KGO (KGO) -- There's new hope for preservationists trying to save an historic landmark at Moffett Field.
They've convinced the Navy to reconsider the fate of the base's huge Hanger One. The huge dome-shaped building was built in 1933 to house massive Dirigible's.
The Navy announced plans last May to tear it down to get rid of toxic chemicals that were leaking from its skin into nearby groundwater.
Demolition would cost $12 million. Decontamination would cost double that.
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday