Muni: Computer Problem Shouldn't Affect Service
Aug. 30 - BCN -- A San Francisco Municipal Railway spokesman said today that the Metro light-rail system is experiencing an ongoing disruption in communications between rail cars and a computer system, but that Metro service should not be delayed.
Electronic screens on underground Metro platforms that show the status of approaching trains are not working and station announcement services are also impaired, Muni spokesman Alan Siegel reported.
Riders must look at signs on each approaching train to determine its destination, Siegel said.
He said Muni officials hope the problem will be resolved today.
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday