Richmond shooting leaves man dead
RICHMOND, CA -- A man was killed and a woman injured in an early morning shooting today in Richmond, police said.
Officers responded to reports of gunshots in the area of Eighth Street and Lucas Avenue at about 2:15 a.m., according to Richmond police Sgt. Dave Harris. Harris said that responding officers located a shooting scene in a house in the 800 block of Eighth Street.
A shooting victim in his 30s was found in the house and pronounced dead at the scene, according to Harris. A woman in her 20s, who was also injured in the shooting, was taken in a private vehicle to an area hospital to be treated for a gunshot wound to her foot, Harris said.
No suspect information was immediately available and police are investigating the shooting.
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 53 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 50 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos