San Jose City Hall falcon dies
SAN JOSE, CA (KGO) -- One of ther three Peregrine falcons born on San Jose's City Hall in April died late Monday night or early Tuesday morning.
Cielo, the two-month old falcon, died following a crash into a downtown building, mayoral spokesperson Michelle McGurk said.
Cielo's siblings Mercury and Meyye continue to live on top of City Hall with their parents Carlos and Clara. Mercury and Meyye are expected to leave downtown in search of their own territory later this summer.
Mayor Chuck Reed will honor the students who named this year's falcons at Tuesday's City Council meeting.
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos