Antioch murder suspect arrested in Reno
ANTIOCH, CA -- A 22-year-old Antioch murder suspect was arrested Thursday evening in Reno, Nev. after a brief standoff with a police SWAT team, Antioch police reported today.
Julian Stringer was wanted for the murder of Ralph Morales III, a 30-year-old Brentwood man who was dropped off at Sutter Delta Medical Center on June 16 with a fatal gunshot wound.
Police believe Morales had been a passenger in a vehicle when he was shot at G Street and West 17th Street in Antioch.
Witnesses allegedly identified Stringer as the shooter and police obtained a $1 million warrant for his arrest, Lt. Leonard Orman said in the days following the shooting.
Stringer, who was on parole at the time for an auto theft conviction, is also a suspect in two home-invasion robberies in Antioch and a bank robbery in Concord, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.
The California Department of Corrections had also issued a no-bail parole violation warrant for his arrest, Orman said.
The U.S. Marshal Service tracked Stringer to an apartment complex on Gardella Avenue in Reno and a Reno police officer reportedly spotted him entering an apartment Thursday evening.
Reno police obtained a search warrant for the apartment and arrested Stringer at about 7:30 p.m. after a brief standoff, Antioch police reported.
He was booked into Washoe County Jail where he will await extradition to Contra Costa County.
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos