10 Bay Area high schools make top 100 list
Ten Bay Area schools have made U.S. News and World Report's top 100 list of the nation's best high schools.
Pacific Collegiate, a charter school in Santa Cruz, was the highest ranking local school at No. 7.
Behind it were San Francisco's Lowell High, Mission San Jose in Fremont, Gunn High in Palo Alto, and Monta Vista in Cupertino.
Also on the list were Piedmont High, Palo Alto High, Campolinda in Moraga, Miramonte in Orinda, and Saratoga High.
fremont, palo alto, orinda, cupertino, saratoga, moraga, piedmont, santa cruz, local news
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 16 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County 4 min ago
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed 57 min ago
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire 45 min ago
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos