Toyota plants Prius flower displays along freeways
NOVATO, CA (KGO) -- Drivers may do a double-take on their commutes when they see hybrid cars made of flowers making their debut along Bay Area roadways.
Two Toyota Priuses made of flowers have been planted along Highway 101 in Novato and Highway 280 in San Jose.
They are part of nine beautification projects around the state.
They are paid for by Toyota, which in exchange gets small Adopt-a-Highway signs.
I-280, novato, san jose, US 101, toyota, local news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber 57 min ago
- Oakland considers dropping ShotSpotter technology
- 'Selfie' section added to Apple's iTunes App Store 56 min ago
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House 40 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Gorilla delivered via rare C-section at San Diego Zoo
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos