Toyota plants Prius flower displays along freeways
NOVATO, CA (KGO) -- Drivers may do a double-take on their commutes when they see hybrid cars made of flowers making their debut along Bay Area roadways.
Two Toyota Priuses made of flowers have been planted along Highway 101 in Novato and Highway 280 in San Jose.
They are part of nine beautification projects around the state.
They are paid for by Toyota, which in exchange gets small Adopt-a-Highway signs.
I-280, novato, san jose, US 101, toyota, local news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area 28 min ago
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday